After watering we carefully broke down the rest of the wood from the broken trellises, trying not to stab ourselves with the painfully large staples that were sticking out at inconvenient angles from the wood. These were put away in the shed, hopefully to be used again for something else for the garden.
After our chat we planted some radish seeds next to the okra and watered the bed well. Hopefully they seeds will do well and sprout soon (it’d be great if we could get some rain). Afterwards we began work on digging up the area where the new bed would go. Noah had finished building it while Sam, Kate, and I put away the wood. We decided that where the last shift had left it, next to the herb bed, would probably be the best place for it and set to work digging about a foot into the ground so we could set it. The layer of mulch was unforgiving, and it took the better part of our shift to get it dug up and ready for the new bed. Once we got it in the ground, it seemed like we found another piece of the garden puzzle. The interesting new shape and its potential for new plants fit perfectly within the Edible Peace Patch.