Edible Peace Patch Blogs

Check out our other blogs here: http://peacepatch.org/blogs.htm

Monday, March 3, 2014

An afternoon in the garden

Howdy veggie-lovers, 

Today Sam, Cory, Kaitlin and I spent some time weeding the Lakewood peace patch and getting organized for the spring semester and the classes to come. 

Here is Sam making some adjustments to the garden map:


 Some purple kohlrabi we thinned last week. Mmm...I love kohlrabi:



Kaitlin worked hard at weeding the beds. 
We put the weeds that hadn't gone to seed into the compost pile.


And Sam acted as a scarecrow? Cory seems unfazed.


Lastly, the nasturtiums are still kicking.
I've been picking them to add a little zest and ornament to my salads.
I can't wait until the students come out! 


Until next time, 
Eat your greens!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment